Calling All Entrepreneurs
From businesses working to increase access to healthy food to entrepreneurs developing products that taste good and are good for you, Fair Food Fund wants to support your efforts to harness the power of food to grow healthier and wealthier local communities
Fair Food Fund provides patient, customized financing working with entrepreneurs to match their needs with the right product. This includes loans, royalty financing, convertible debt, or equity investments.
Investments are offered as stand-alone investments ranging from $50,000 to $350,000 or as part of a larger financing package.
We bolster financing with wrap-around business assistance that meets entrepreneurs where they are and takes them where they want to go. This includes targeted one-on-one support, immersive trainings, access to industry expertise, advising and mentorship, and insights and connections from Fair Food Network’s national network. We are also on-hand to serve as advisors to help you adapt your operations to survive the uncertainty of this COVID-19 environment.
As a mission-driven fund, we’re on the lookout for entrepreneurs committed to making a difference in their communities.
See below for specific criteria we use.
- Geography: We invest in companies incorporated in the U.S. that are working in the Michigan and in the Northeast
- Sector: We invest in businesses working across the food system from farm to fork.
- Stage: We are stage agnostic. We invest in early-stage enterprises and support the continued growth of more mature companies
- Social Impact: As a mission-driven fund, we focus our investments on businesses that are increasing healthy food access, supporting family farms, and creating quality jobs. We’re also committed to advancing greater racial and social equity by supporting enterprises led by women and people of color.
- Financial Sustainability: We’re looking for enterprises that are profitable or can demonstrate a path to profitability. We will review your current financial position and discuss your future plans.