Food Network is looking for a Senior Designer to join our growing communications team. Are you a skilled designer that thrives on translating conceptual ideas into eye-catching designs tuned to the needs of diverse audiences? Do you bring both serious design chops and solid project management? Are you ready to use your formidable skills to improve lives while powering creative strategy and design? Well then, read on.
The Senior Designer will lead our in-house design work including developing and executing design deliverables for three brands: Fair Food Network, Double Up Food Bucks which connects with Michigan residents, and Michigan Good Food Fund, which serves good food entrepreneurs. This person will also provide design and creative consultation to a national network of nutrition incentive practitioners.
The Senior Designer will bring to the organization strong design experience, excellent project management, and a collaborative nature with proven ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. This manager-level position will be part of the Communications Team and report to the Communications Director Andi Nank.
About Fair Food Network
Fair Food Network is a national nonprofit on a mission to connect people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. From our work with nutrition incentives bringing healthy food within reach of every family with benefits to farmers and grocers to our impact investing arm, Fair Food Fund, which is reimaging capital in communities so that food entrepreneurs can be the engine of a more equitable future, we are growing a future where everyone can harness the power of food to transform their communities for good.
- Create on-brand visual assets from conception to execution across multiple platforms including PowerPoint presentations, email campaigns, digital ads, website, social media platforms, and various marketing and print collateral.
- Work with Fair Food Network, Double Up Food Bucks, and Michigan Good Food Fund staff and partners to assess, plan, and create high-quality, on-brand marketing materials and digital assets.
- Serve as in-house design support and creative consultant for a growing national network of healthy food incentive practitioners.
- Lead the development of overarching look and feel of marketing materials for the Double Up Food Bucks program – creating inclusive designs that also account for ESL and/or low literacy.
- Conceptualize design concepts that can be applied across email, print, and digital channels and fine tune work to meet the needs of diverse audiences.
- Manage and grow the skills of a design coordinator.
What You’ll Need:
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Lead work from creative concepting to completion, keeping multiple projects moving forward, on schedule, while responsively collaborating across teams.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Able to execute within brand guidelines and enhance standards over time bringing trend forward insights
- Experience designing across platforms and mediums from PowerPoint presentations to social graphics and print materials
- Excellent typography skills
- Commitment to culturally conscientious design
- Proven project and print management with strong attention to detail
- Self-initiative and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to gracefully pivot when needed, prioritize competing priorities, and responsively collaborate across teams
- Photography skills
- Video editing skills
- Marketing design experience
- UX design experience and knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Experience with online project management and content calendars (Asana a plus)
- Desire to learn and continuously improve
- Deeply inspired Fair Food Network’s mission
- Work with passionate, dedicated people
- Apply your skills for social change
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits package including full health benefits, a 401K match, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities
Fair Food Network staff is currently remote with plans to re-open its offices under a hybrid work model mid-September. This position will be expected to work in the Ann Arbor headquarters two days/week. The Senior Designer will report to Fair Food Network’s Communications Director, Andi Nank, and be joined by three other communications staff members focusing on design, content development, and digital marketing. Salary starts at $48,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please fill out a brief application form and submit your resume here. Please include a link to your portfolio, including a work sample showing a design concept applied to print and digital. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Fair Food Network’s commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our mission is best advanced by contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects the diverse communities that we serve is a priority, and we encourage applicants of all ages, cultures, races, colors, religions, national or regional origins, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other status protected by law.