From farms to families, Fair Food Network (FFN) connects people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. Our signature program, Double Up Food Bucks, serves as a national model for healthy food incentives by doubling the buying power of SNAP recipients, helping families bring home more fruits and vegetables while boosting business for local farmers. Through Fair Food Fund, our impact investing arm, we invest in early stage-entrepreneurs who are strengthening communities and local economies through food. Together, we are pioneering and proving innovations that can be owned locally and scaled nationally, for lasting change in communities across the country.
About the Role
The Office Manager position is focused on making it easier for staff to work efficiently and effectively. As a member of the operations team, the Manager supports a positive organization culture, solves administrative problems, and ensures staff have the tools and resources to be successful. The Manager maintains and enhances organization-wide tech, facilities and business operations through continuous improvement of each respective systems and function. The Manager supports each function day-to-day; and suggests and implements improvements and changes to organizational leadership.
The Office Manager is based out of the Ann Arbor, Michigan office. This position is full-time and will report to the Operations Director, Madeline Smith.
- Help to create an inclusive office environment by encouraging staff appreciation, the celebration of a wide range of cultural holidays, and outreach to the remote offices
- Provide internal communications support to ensure info from Ann Arbor is disseminated quickly and clearly to remote offices and staff
- Serve as the primary contact for landlords, handyman and cleaning staff; manage office moves, construction and renovation projects of all of FFN’s locations
- Maintain the Ann Arbor office—stocks supplies, manage the office equipment, distribute mail, answer the phone, respond to incoming emails to info [at] fairfoodnetwork [dot] org inbox and welcome guests to the office; provide remote office management for Detroit and out-of-state staff
- Manage business operations accounts including annual state registrations, website domains and registrations
- Streamline tech and internal communications policies and tools; ensuring easy access to video conferencing, meeting space, and other shared software
- Provide responsive troubleshooting of basic IT equipment, software and systems, and engage with the organizations IT service provider and other vendors as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to be unflappable in the face of competing deadlines, projects and priorities
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and follow through
- Experience managing a wide-variety of IT systems and platforms
- An ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality
- An orientation towards great customer service to fellow staff and visitors
- Commitment to inclusion: Demonstrated awareness and understanding of the inequities that touch the communities we serve. An ability to communicate FFN’s commitment to equity and inclusion
- Work environment requires ability for some physical exertion, primarily involving moving boxes, office decoration/layout and facilities management
- Inspired and committed to FFN’s values and mission
- Experience working in a non-profit or start-up setting
- Experience with Salesforce or other database
- Ability to advance Fair Food Network’s next 10 years of impact
- Work with passionate, dedicated people, and apply your skills for social change
- A generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K match after 1-year, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities
- The annual starting salary for this position is $41K, commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please complete the brief application questions via the application form here. Candidates are able to display interest on an ongoing basis; we’ll begin reviewing applications on December 9th.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at jobs [at] fairfoodnetwork [dot] org. We look forward to getting to know you!