About Fair Food Network
Fair Food Network is a national nonprofit on a mission to connect people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. From our work with nutrition incentives bringing healthy food within reach of every family with benefits to farmers and grocers to our impact investing arm, Fair Food Fund, which is reimaging capital in communities so that food entrepreneurs can be the engine of a more equitable future, we are growing a future where everyone can harness the power of food to transform their communities for good.
About the Role
The Grants Coordinator is a pivotal member of the Development team, providing administrative support for all government and institutional fundraising operations, including but not limited to maintaining the donor database of record (Salesforce). The Grants Coordinator supports the Development team and Grants Manager in the successful submission of grant applications, reapplications, and reports. The Grants Coordinator also supports relationship managers (including the Senior Director of Development, other members of the Development team, Senior Leadership team members, etc.) in their successful cultivation and stewardship efforts. The Grants Coordinator provides timely and cross-functional reporting and support to internal stakeholders, such as the Communications and Finance departments, on an ongoing basis.
This position is full-time and is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Fair Food Network plans to re-open its offices under a hybrid work model mid-September. This position will be expected to work in the office at least 2 days/week. The Development Coordinator will report to the Senior Director of Development, Jaye Lopez Van Soest. The expected start date of this position is October 1, 2021. This position is part of a growing department that includes the Investment Relations Officer and Grants Manager, and soon to be hired: a Development Coordinator and Development Associate.
Manage all aspects of funder database and gift processing for institutional funders:
- Track funder participation, process grants, update and maintain database.
- Enter grants into the database, create acknowledgment letters, maintain accurate funder records and coding, track interactions between relationship/program managers and funders, facilitate reconciliation with Finance department.
- Coordinate quarterly activity reporting and funder briefing calls, including writing and logistics in conjunction with Communications department.
- Work with Finance department, Grants Manager and/or appropriate relationship/program manager on budget and financials for grant applications and reports.
Conduct funder research:
- Complete all initial research on new funders and others as requested using Candid/FDO and other research tools, make recommendations for next steps, and prepare briefing profiles.
- Generate and manage prospect lists in the donor database.
- Proactively research and identify local, regional, and national grant opportunities that align with the mission and work of the Fair Food Network.
- Build on the recent growth in national grant funding for the Fair Food Network to attract other regional and national funding opportunities.
- Present new funding opportunities to Senior Director of Development for consideration.
General Support for Development Team:
- Contribute to organization-wide discussions and the overall planning of the Development team, and other shared efforts as needed, support other administrative staff in answering phones, other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Comfort with online file sharing and other communications technologies and collaboration tools
- Detail-oriented approach, and an ability to track on multiple projects and contacts that are regularly evolving
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to maintain composure under the pressure of competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative. You work well with others at all levels of the organization as well as with key external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative. You are self-directed and take appropriate action to influence outcomes and/or drive progress and positive change.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Fair Food Network
- Experience with donor databases, Salesforce preferred
- Experience with prospect research tools, Candid/FDO preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive, comprehensive benefits package includes full health benefits, a 401K match, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities. This position is a coordinator level role with a salary range starting at $37-40K/year.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and complete a brief set of questions via the application here. Candidates are able to display interest on an ongoing basis, we will begin reviewing applications on September 1, 2021.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to getting to know you!
Fair Food Network’s commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our mission is best advanced by contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects the diverse communities that we serve is a priority, and we encourage applicants of all ages, cultures, races, colors, religions, national or regional origins, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other status protected by law.