Double Up Food Bucks Participant Engagement Coordinator
From farms to families, Fair Food Network connects people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. Our signature program, Double Up Food Bucks, serves as a national model for healthy food incentives by doubling the buying power of SNAP recipients, helping families bring home more fruits and vegetables while boosting business for local farmers. Through Fair Food Fund, our impact investing arm, we invest in early stage-entrepreneurs who are strengthening communities and local economies through food. Together, we are pioneering and proving innovations that can be owned locally and scaled nationally, for lasting change in communities across the country.
The Double Up Food Bucks Program (DUFB) Participant Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for providing general program support to the DUFB program team as it relates to our participant program experience projects, coordination of participant data and coordination and maintenance of program materials . The Coordinator will provide support to ensure program effectiveness at over 200 program sites in Michigan. This team member will report to the DUFB Director, Kellie Boyd. This is an entry level role and we are looking for candidates early in their careers looking to learn and grow.
- Answer Double Up Food Bucks hotline as needed to answer questions and resolve issues posed by shoppers
- Serve as trainer for the hotline, ensuring new staff and/or volunteers are properly trained to answer the hotline
- Answer the firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- Engage with shoppers through community-facing events; tabling and presentations for shoppers
- Work across the department to make sure our Website Locations page is up to date. Maintain website and update as needed
- Collect, analyze and provide reports of data gathered through Program Ambassadors’ reports, hotline, email and website survey to inform of program improvements or trends
- Provide analysis of Program Ambassadors’ reports, hotline, email and survey data to identify trends, areas for improvement and/or shopper feedback
- Ensure that program material requests are handled efficiently; distributed to community partners as requested and provided to Double Up team members as required for community outreach and engagement
- Monitor material inventory and coordinate with communications team to support ordering when marketing materials are needed
- In collaboration with Community Engagement Manager, update and maintain community partner list; including updating new and existing contact information
- Create and distribute Michigan Double Up newsletter bi-annually
What You’ll Need:
- 2 years or more managing community-based and/or mission-oriented programming, especially large-scale complex across multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with low income communities an ability to communicate FFN’s commitment to equity and inclusion
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to community across a broad range of customers and communities.
- Strong organizational, analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to speak authentically about the program in front of large groups and in one-on-one settings, with and to participants, partners and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership fostering a collaborative and positive team culture
- Ability to work proactively, managing multiple priorities, problem solve and workflow independently
- Commitment to FFN’s vision and mission and ability to discuss mission alignment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy work plans to meet program goals and objectives
- Experience in or working knowledge of food system issues preferred but not required
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
- Ability to advance Fair Food Network’s next 10 years of impact
- Work with passionate, dedicated people, and apply your skills for social change
- A generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K match after 1-year, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities
- The annual starting salary for this position is $32-35K, commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and complete a brief set of questions via the application here by November 21, 2019.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at jobs [at] fairfoodnetwork [dot] org. No phone calls please. We look forward to getting to know you!