Application Closed – Double Up Food Bucks Participant Engagement and Program Coordinator
From farms to families, Fair Food Network connects people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. Our signature program, Double Up Food Bucks, serves as a national model for healthy food incentives by doubling the buying power of SNAP recipients, helping families bring home more fruits and vegetables while boosting business for local farmers. Through Fair Food Fund, our impact investing arm, we invest in early stage-entrepreneurs who are strengthening communities and local economies through food. Together, we are pioneering and proving innovations that can be owned locally and scaled nationally, for lasting change in communities across the country.
About the Role
The Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB) Participant Engagement and Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing general program support to the DUFB program team and coordinates projects as they relate to our participant program experience, participant data, coordination and maintenance of program materials. The Coordinator will provide support to ensure program effectiveness at over 250 program sites in Michigan. This team member will report to the Double Up Food Bucks Director, Kellie Boyd.
Participant Engagement Responsibilities:
- Answer shopper questions on the DUFB hotline and resolve issues
- Respond to inquiries on the email@example.com email account
- In collaboration with Community Engagement Manager, serve as a trainer for the hotline, ensuring new staff and/or volunteers are properly trained to answer the hotline
- Engage with shoppers through community-facing events; make presentations to shoppers
- Participate in statewide outreach events and conduct presentations in the community promoting the DUFB program to participants and community partners
- In collaboration with Technology Manager, support implementation and troubleshooting of DUFB card and mobile application at new and existing participating sites
- In collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager, assist in the implementation of cashier competitions, trainings and activities that promote program usage
- Engage with shoppers at grocery and farmers market sites to explain and promote the program
- Ensure that program material requests are handled efficiently; distribute to community partners as requested and provided to DUFB team members as required for community outreach and engagement
- Monitor material inventory and coordinate with communications department to support ordering when more materials are needed
- Collect, analyze and provide quarterly reports of data gathered through Program Ambassadors’ reports, hotline, email and Talk to Us website survey to inform of program improvements, trends and/or shopper feedback
- In collaboration with Community Engagement Manager, update and maintain community partner list, including updating new and existing contact information
Program Coordination Responsibilities:
- Maintain program information about all DUFB participating locations, including updating Salesforce internal program documents
- Assist DUFB team in planning and development for program expansion
- Identify and respond to program needs as identified by members of the DUFB team and staff members of Fair Food Network
- Prepare and summarize information for presentations and reports for Fair Food Network administered programs
- Coordinate logistics for team meetings and events as needed; take notes during team meetings
- Share program experiences or observations with DUFB team based on participant input and time in the field
- Provide content to monthly, bi-annual newsletters and other social media outlets to the communications department
- Participate in site webinars and trainings and provide technical assistance to sites
- Assist in additional duties as assigned to ensure successful DUFB implementation
What You’ll Need
- 1 or more years of community-based and/or mission-oriented programming, especially large-scale complex programs involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with communities experiencing poverty, and an ability to communicate FFN’s commitment to equity and inclusion
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate across a broad range of customers and communities
- Strong organizational, analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to speak authentically about the program in front of large groups and in one-on-one settings, with participants, partners and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership fostering a collaborative and positive team culture
- Ability to work proactively, manage multiple priorities, problem solve and work independently
- Commitment to FFN’s vision and mission and ability to discuss mission alignment
- Demonstrated ability to deploy work plans to meet program goals and objectives
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive, comprehensive benefits package includes full health benefits, a 401K match, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities. This position is a Coordinator level role with a salary range of $37-40K/year.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and complete a brief set of questions at the application link here. Candidates are able to display interest on an ongoing basis, we will begin reviewing applications on March 12, 2021.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to getting to know you!
Fair Food Network’s commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our mission is best advanced by contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects the diverse communities that we serve is a priority, and we encourage applicants of all ages, cultures, races, colors, religions, national or regional origins, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other status protected by law.