Fair Food Network is looking for an experienced Content Marketer to join our growing communications team. Do you bring an audience-first mindset? Are you a natural at creating “sharable” content that drives traffic and brand awareness? Are you an expert in social media platforms and a data-driven analytics pro? Well then, read on.
The Content Marketer will lead development and execution of content marketing strategies aligned with programmatic and development goals. This person will manage digital assets for three brands: Fair Food Network, Double Up Food Bucks which connects with low-income Michigan residents, and Michigan Good Food Fund, which serves good food entrepreneurs.
This role will bring to the organization strategic and technical expertise that, when combined with existing in-house content expertise, will ensure the organization is consistently delivering digital content that drives awareness, engages stakeholders, influences action and supports revenue goals. The Content Marketer will be part of the Communications Team, working closely with that team as well as program and fundraising teams.
About Fair Food Network:
From farms to families, Fair Food Network connects people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. Our signature program, Double Up Food Bucks, serves as a national model for healthy food incentives by doubling the buying power of SNAP recipients, helping low-income families bring home more fruits and vegetables while boosting business for local farmers. Through Fair Food Fund, our impact investing arm, we invest in early stage-entrepreneurs who are strengthening communities and local economies through food. Together, we are pioneering and proving innovations that can be owned locally and scaled nationally, for lasting change in communities across the country.
- Lead creation of “sharable” social content for digital channels across three brands at times collaborating with in-house content lead
- Create and implement data-driven content marketing strategies for the organization’s social media channels, websites (fairfoodnetwork.org, doubleupfoodbucks.org, and migoodfoodfund.org), and email marketing aligned with programmatic and/or fundraising goals
- Ensure on-trend digital experience across all digital channels; identify and assess new digital tools and technologies that could be used by the organization and test the use of relevant tools/technologies
- Lead refresh of email marketing strategy
- Administer Google AdWords campaigns
- Measure results of activities providing actionable insights to inform future campaigns including defining digital KPIS and establishing reporting cadence
- Oversee SEM/SEO, managing contractors as needed
- Optimize organization’s digital marketing efforts through testing and user insight
- Serve as an in-house digital communications expert for program teams and their partners, guiding their communications strategy and providing technical assistance as needed
- Maintain a digital editorial schedule as part of the larger External Affairs content calendar
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Audience-first mindset, understanding the nuances, advantages, and shortcoming of various platforms and how to utilize each to formulate a holistic digital campaign strategy
- Fluency in social media management and analytics (experience with Sprout Social a plus)
- Commitment to delivering culturally competent work
- Experience with online community building
- Data-driven and analytical
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-initiative and time management in a fast-paced environment
- Photography skills
- Experience with online project management and content calendars (Asana a plus)
- Familiarity in multimedia content creation (podcasts, videos, etc.)
- Online marketing experience
- Experience with Campaign Monitor or email client equivalent
- Desire to learn and continuously improve
- Deeply inspired Fair Food Network’s mission
- Work with passionate, dedicated people
- Apply your skills for social change
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits package including full health benefits, a 401K match, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities
This position can be based in either our Ann Arbor or Detroit offices with regular travel between offices. They will report to Fair Food Network’s Communications Director, Andi Nank, and be joined by two other new communications staff focusing on content creation and design. Salary starts at $54,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and complete a questionnaire here. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.