Business Operations Manager
About Fair Food Network
Fair Food Network (FFN) is a national nonprofit that deploys multiple tools — from financial investments to capacity building to policy advocacy — in pursuit of our mission to grow community health and wealth through food. We focus on creating immediate impact alongside systemic change in ways that harness the power of the food economy to address root causes of racial, social and environmental inequities. Together with a national network of partners, we are generating improved health, economic well-being, and environmental regeneration.
About the Role
The Business Operations Manager position is a new role at FFN focused on growing our internal systems and processes in support of organizational effectiveness and impact. In addition to traditional business operations responsibilities (e.g. compliance, contracting, benefits management), this role will help hold the overall technology vision for the organization and serve as a project manager for a wide variety of technology improvements and implementations.
The ideal candidate will have an ability to understand the big picture and organizational context for operations work, while also being detail-oriented in execution of their day-to-day work. With this being a new role, the candidates should expect and have some interest in shaping the role.
This position is full-time and is based in SE Michigan. Fair Food Network has re-opened its Ann Arbor office under a hybrid work model. Exact onsite requirements TBD, but for now this position will likely be expected to work in the office 1 day/week. This position will report to the Operations Director, Madeline Smith.
- Information Technology (IT):
- Manage internal enterprise-level software systems (e.g. Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, project management tools) with an eye toward streamlining/ease of use.
- Support department-level software needs and implementation including identifying appropriate vendors, gathering systems requirements, and ensuring integration with existing systems, as needed.
- Serve as the project manager for a variety of IT system improvements and implementations as organization grows and new systems are needed.
- Support and reinforce the organization-wide transition to Microsoft Teams.
- Business Operations
- Manage business operations accounts including annual state registrations, and charitable solicitation licenses.
- Manage business insurance policies and agent relationships, including annual updates and periodic changes.
- Manage contracting writing and execution across the organization to ensure compliance with applicable laws and funder requirements; engaging with legal counsel, as needed.
- Support the management and procurement of vendors aligned with FFN’s procurement goals around women-owned, BIPOC-owned, and locally rooted businesses.
- Support FFN’s human resource function by managing benefits enrollments for new employees, and during open enrollment.
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrated experience managing business compliance, contracting, and information technology projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Teams
- Database experience, Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to maintain confidentiality around sensitive personnel data.
- A commitment to continued learning about racial, social and environmental inequities
- Alignment with Fair Food Network’s mission and vision
- Ability to connect and collaborate with colleagues in an inviting and authentic way
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive, comprehensive benefits package includes full health benefits, a 401K match, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities. The salary range for this role starts at $52,000; commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and complete a brief set of questions via the application here. Candidates are able to display interest on an ongoing basis, we will begin reviewing applications on January 10, 2022.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at jobs [at] fairfoodnetwork [dot] org. We look forward to getting to know you!
Fair Food Network’s commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our mission is best advanced by contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects the diverse communities that we serve is a priority, and we encourage applicants of all ages, cultures, races, colors, religions, national or regional origins, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other status protected by law.